Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Unwanted Days

Well. Today has just not been good.

I was lonely.
I was distracted.
I felt very unwanted.

And realized something awful:

I'm trying my best at chemistry. And I'm still honestly confused.

This may sound arrogant, but I've never struggled in a school subject for any reason other than pure laziness. Sure, physical science and biology had their kick-my-butt moments, but that was because I'd gotten behind and shirked the work.

I'm completely caught up in chemistry. I've actually been putting in the time these first two weeks of school.

Yeah, only two weeks and I'm like O_o

*sigh* I don't know what to do. At least I'm actually trying. That oughta count for something in the end, right?

I wish the other parts of my life worked that way.

~Kendra

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh dear :-/ I am sorry....chemistry, hmm. Apologia by Dr. Jay Wile, right? I'm considering taking that this year...not TOO likely though...I have the book on loan and it looks like there is a LOT of math...I like math but yeahh :P
I hope things get better for you! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I have two 3" 3 ring binders from my highschool Chemistry class. It was tough, but several of my classmates who majored in Chemistry said the first three years of college chemistry were contained in those notes.

Good luck! and prayers.

emily said...

Yeah, school can really suck sometimes. Good luck on chemistry.

Judy Dudich said...

Give your all....do your best (same thing ~lol)......pray......and hope everything works out....

That's how I get by :)



Good luck * * *


(Laura)
xo

Elizabeth said...

Trying DEFINITELY counts for something. And I'd recommend talking to your teacher/tutor about it, letting him/her know where things aren't clicking. In my Chem. class last year, several students weren't quite getting it, and our tutor slowed down (then came to a halt at a key concept) until everyone got it. Sometimes hearing it said a different way, or different examples, can make a concept clearer. Just a thought :). I'm sorry it is stressing you out, but hope things get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I took that exact Chemistry last year. It's SOOOO HARD! I almost drowned in the work. So don't feel like you're the only one who had issue with it...

I can honestly say that Module 8 and beyond the work gets lighter, easier, and more understandable.

Until then, hold on for dear life, ask your tutor a ton of questions, and ask for help from the other students in your class. Chances are, they don't understand it at all either.

Best of luck!!!