Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Biltmore!

Last week, my family and I went to Biltmore house. It's the largest private residence in all of the United States! It's so amazing! It's HUGE and absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Ahead of it's time, too. Even thought it was built around the 1890s, even the servants had electricity and running water! Wow! Unfortunately, pictures weren't allowed inside :(

Not only was Biltmore beautiful, but so was all of downtown Ashville! Even the clouds were amazing that day. It was a great trip.

Captions on the bottom; click to enlarge.

On the way to Ashville...Double chins. Ya gotta love us, right? XD

Don't make fun of me. The hotel room was awesome, okay? :P

The Batman Building! Er, I mean, the Jackson Building XD

I don't remember what this building was called, but it's so cool from this angle, isn't it?

There's this little tribute to folk dancers. There were three statues of ordinary people dancing. I wanted a picture with this awesome little girl :)

Shopping girls, haha XD

BILTMORE! :OOOOOOOOOO That thing has 250 rooms, and every one of them is stunning.

There are gargoyles, if you can see any. That just about made my day XD



Yes, it's what you think. "~Ember~" written in ketchup with a toothpick. Yeahh...she stalks me, what can I say?

We got caught in the rain. *sob* LOL JK, I loved it XD

Clouds. You knew I wasn't gonna let it go without some storm pictures, right? :)

Eeee, how awesome are those???

A favorite of mine.

Lizzy's camera-crazy. I'm getting more and more used to it. We passed the long drive to Ashville by playing models, haha! Note the freakish Elf Ear...lol...

Lizzy: "Take your hair down!"
Me: "Nah."
Lizzy: "Kendra, please."
Me: "No."
Lizzy: "Pleaseeeeeeeeee!"
Me: "Nooooooooooo--"
Lizzy: "KENDRA."
Me: "Kayfine."

My beautiful sister, Lizzy!

My turn to wield the camera! >:D

I looooooooooooooooooove this picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was an awesome trip :D

~Kendra

2 comments:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

haha... looks like you guys had some major fun! :) I love trips and silly pictures (ovbiously) though I don't think I can hold a candle to that! :P

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

Judy Dudich said...

That looks like it was fun!
you guys look good in those pictures


Jake