Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Knight's Tale

Soo. Has anyone seen "A Knight's Tale" with Heath Ledger? :D
Cassidy is reading this right now and laughing at me. And now she's laughing harder. Am I right? XD Just kidding. Ish.

Cassidy gave me about four movies a couple of weeks ago that she's talked about and thought I might like. So far I've watched 3 of them and I've loved every single one. But today we tackled "A Knight's Tale." It's about a peasant guy (Heath Ledger) who decides to enter a jousting tournament. Back then that was for NOBLE PEOPLE ONLY, NO PEASANTS ALLOWED, so he had to be sneaky.

I freaking loved it. Wanna know why? Because it was unpredictable. I ACTUALLY had no idea what was going to happen, and that's weird for me. Normally I'm like "Lemme guess: this is gonna happen. Oh look. It did." That was not the case. I got really into the movie.

Also, Heath Ledger's character (William) is exactly the kind of guy I want to marry. Seriously. Just watch it. He also happens to embody what true southern boys are like. I just loved him.

The only thing was that I hate the girl. (She's not even pretty. Look, click here.) But it's mostly to be expected; I usually hate the girl characters, or at least don't like them. (Eowyn, Arwen, Arya, Meggie, Buttercup, Uhura, Elizabeth Swan, Trinity, Bella Swan, etc. = ugh.) The girl in "A Knight's Tale" is just...I honestly don't like her personality. I don't think she goes well with William's character, I don't agree with her ideals and morals, and she just...she annoys me. But it's okay, 'cause the rest of the movie I LOVE XD

Long story short, please watch "A Knight's Tale" so I can talk about it with you.

Because seriously, how can you not want to look at this for a couple of hours? ;)

~Kendra

7 comments:

Cassidy said...

yay!! i'm so glad you liked it!! :D yea, it's among my favs most of which you have now watched lol now if i could just get my hands on Les Misérables and Phantom of the Opera...... :)

Isabella Emiline said...

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THAT MOVIE. SERIOUSLY. I LOVE IT.

Keith Street said...

I think it is probably one of our whole families favorite movie. We also love Princess Bride. Have you seen that one yet?

Camellia Day said...

I've loved that movie ever since I was a kid. I can't remember any of it now though.

And yes, I hate the girl too. Generic. Blah.

But I love William. First celebrity crush. Don't judge. xD

Achieve1dream said...

I really liked that movie too. :) Well written and funny. I'm glad you liked it.

Judy Dudich said...

Sounds AWESOME! XD

....(I don't like those girly characters either.....just not my style * * * )



(Laura)
xo

Elizabeth said...

YES, it was hysterical-though I couldn't stand the relationship, and thought they took turns being stupid, it was highly entertaining and you kinda hafta love William :). I can't remember details... I need to watch that one again!