Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunny Sundays and Protocol!

So, today was AWESOME.

Sunny, warm, church was good, I'm reading "The Princess Bride", which is SO FUNNY!! I recommend it to anyone. Anyone. Girls, boys, little kids, big kids, old ladies, everyone. (And if any elderly women are reading this, please don't be offended by that last bit :D)

Right now my parents and little sister (Lizzy) are riding bikes. Why am I not riding my bike and getting the heck some exercise? Because my stomach hurts. But it's all good. Today's greatness makes up for any physical discomforts.

Today I sort of had an older brother. Not going to elaborate, but let's just say it felt good. Older brothers are the thing I envy above all else. There is not much I wouldn't give to have a real brother. For now I just have to create stories with older brothers and pretend they're real. And sometimes I dream that I have an older brother, which is always fantastic. Except then I wake up a little depressed because it was a dream. But not too depressed because it was such an awesome dream.

I need to get a grip. I'm rambling. Majorly. And using weird, big words. *shrugs* I'm also reading the first book in "The Boxcar Chilrden" series. That might be why I'm talking kind of like an old-timey person. I don't really like the Boxcar Children, but the first book in the loooooooooong series is great because the kids fend for themselves in the woods and live in a boxcar and do lots of cool stuff with NO ADULT SUPERVISION!! What could be better?? :) Anyway, the rest of the books get on my nerves because they aren't living in the wild anymore. (Spoiler alert) They're living with their super nice grandpa and solve predictable mysteries in which all the adults involved are really nice and helpful and unrealistic. The kids also never say a cross word to each other, which is, HELLO, also very unrealistic. Even the nicest kids EVER have little arguments here and there. Except apparently not the BCs, of course.

My stomach is feeling much better. Now I wish I were outside riding my bike while the warm and sunniness lasts. (Is "sunniness" a word? I don't think so.)

"The Mirror" is at a standstill. It's not super depressing to me or anything, just a little annoying. I'm at the point where my mental outline is kind of fuzzy, and I don't really even know how to solve the problems I've created. (Don'tcha HATE that? When you make problems and conflicts SO STINKIN' GOOD that you can't even solve them for your own poor characters?? Haha, I'm probably the only one that's ever happened to...) And I don't really know how I want it to all end up...*sigh*

Oh, guess what?? I went to a fancy restaurant and an opera on Friday!! The whole thing was called Protocol, and it's something the high-schoolers in my homeschool program do. We get all dressed up and go to a fancy restaurant with a four course dinner and everything. And we have to act nice and use good manners :) I can do that. Believe it or not, I'm actually quite good at the fine points of ettiquette (even if I can't spell it). I even kept my cool when the guy served us fried green tomatoes with goat cheese. You think I'm kidding. I am NOT. It was NASTY. Unfortunately, some kids at my table were obviously particularly skilled in the good manners department. Their display of unseemly conduct was mildly embarassing and irritating. *shakes head* The opera was surprisingly really fun. It was called "The Marriage of Figaro" and it was a comedy. A romantic comedy. The story was good, although I don't think it would work for anything but an opera. It was, of course, sung in Italian, and the English translation was flashed on a banner above the stage. It was cool. And fun.

Well, I've wasted probably about ten minutes of your day. I won't waste any more :) Off to go read about either the most beautiful woman in the world and how her blood-thirsty fiance tries to ruin her life and the life of the man she loves (the highly recommended "Princess Bride") or about four disgustingly well-behaved orphan children surviving in the woods alone ("Boxcar Children")! Bye!

No comments: