Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hourglass Nebula and My Life

How's this for awesome? It's supposed to be the hourglass nebula. Isn't it beautiful? I'm not really sure if it actually is the hourglass nebula, though, because it doesn't look like an hourglass, or any of the other pictures of the hourglass nebula. But no matter what it is, it's stunning, isn't it?

As I was looking at it, it sort of looks like someone climbing a steep mountain. The wind is blowing, and the person's hair is blowing. There's also like this huge cloud of evil trying to keep the person from making it to the top. Maybe the person is trying to get that red star thing. Do you see all this? Okay, let me see if I can describe it more, just in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, lol!
You see the red star, right? It's sitting in the middle of a mountain. Just the top of the mountain. You see the four rays of light coming out of the star? The top left ray points to a person. The greenish blob is the head, and the person is almost lying on the mountain, it's struggling so much. The wind is blowing, and the person's hair is blowing up and in front of his face. Behind the person (you can't miss this, lol) is a huge cloud of evil and misfortune, swirling darkly, just waiting to knock the person off the mountain.
Do you see it? Okay, well, that's my Picture of the Week :)
---------------------------
Okay, I like the specialty posts and everything, but they feel somehow impersonal. I feel like I never post anymore, even though I'm posting every day. It's weird. So, I'm just going to take a little bit to recap my life over the past few days, like I used to. Okay? :)
Okay, so Friday was the start to an amazing weekend. Hot, sunny, and just perfect weather. My dad took our little sunfish sailboat out and had a great time. I just took a walk with my dog while listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. THAT was cool, let me tell ya :D The music really added something special to my walk through the woods.
Saturday, my dad took the sailboat out again, and I just hung out on the beach with a bunch of my church friends. It was so much fun!! I went on the Fords' boat for the first time in over a year! YAY! It was just awesome. Just like old times. I went barefoot the whole day, so my feet are getting tough already ;D
Sunday, WE DID IT AGAIN! My dad took the sailboat out, and even more people came down to the beach. Like, our whole church almost. Well, okay, not exactly, but like eight families were there. I love my church friends. They're just like extra family. Tons of parents and siblings, all mine :)
That was the best weekend I've ever had. I had so much fun! Indescribably amazing. Wow.
And tonight, I'M GOING TO THE BOOKSTORE!!!!!! Isn't that awesome? I have a list of like twenty-five books I need to read, lol! I'm sure I won't be able to get them all tonight, but I'll get some at least! And I'm going summer clothes shopping, but only a little. Just a couple of pairs of shorts and maybe a T-shirt or two. Nothing extreme. I'm procrastinating the extreme shopping ;)
The only thing that's sad right now is how Mirror is going. It's going as bad as it's ever been. I'm actually thinking I might not finish it. I have a bunch of people who are so excited about it, and I hate to disappoint them, but it's just going so badly, I can't imagine completing it now! :'( But I HAVE TO!! I just HAVE TO! But how? It's going SO BADLY. I haven't really written it in so long.
*giant sigh* I've had rough patches before. After all, when I started this book, I wrote a few pages, and then didn't pick back up until nearly a YEAR later. This is just a rough patch. It'll be okay. I'll finish it, edit it, and it'll be great.
I hope.
Well, that's my past few days and tonight. Hope you weren't bored ;) Carpe this aestas diem!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally saw all that before reading the closer description. weird. but cool

sounds like fun ^_^

aestas as in summer/hot? google's a good friend ;)

Kendra Logan said...

Cool!

It was :D :D

*grins* I was wondering when someone would figure out what "aestas" was, or at least ask. You're right! It means "summer". It's not an adjective though, so "carpe aestas diem" is probably not good grammer, lol :P Oh well.

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Hi friend, peace....
Your blog very interesting. If you willing visit or follow my blog please, "Sosiologi Dakwah" at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com

Kendra Logan said...

Thank you! I did visit your blog, and it seems very enlightening, but I'm not sure it's really my style. I might check back on it occasionally though.

Anonymous said...

^_^ maybe it can mean "summer day", without having to be an adjective. I don't know latin grammar

Kendra Logan said...

Hmm, good thought. Maybe I'll start saying "carpe aestas", lol! :)

Anonymous said...

good one ^_^

Anonymous said...

hi kendra logan,
thanks for commenting on my blog. lol i really thought it was non-existent!
well i sort of scanned through your blog and found it interesting, as well as the person who wrote it. very nice to know that you like writing and reading too, and even nicer to know that you have such a long "to-read" list (eh-hem, mine's never-ending). and nice to know you're writing too, which is something i'd like to do very much, but never get more than a few paragrahs of my so-called stories, hence the no-head no-tail texts at the beginnings of my blogs.
feel free for a visit to me blog always.

felietonista.blogspot (my column)

Kendra Logan said...

Thanks for reading! Yeah, your blog looked cool, too! I totally know what you mean about only writing a few sentences, lol! I have the same problem :)