I had an amazing day with Matt ("little brother"), David, Daniel, and Matt's wii sports!! Brothers :) Right after reading and writing, they're next.
I love my church. No offense, but it's the best church in the world ;) Why?
1. The music is amazing. Our drummer is better than most drummers in professional bands. He's a Legend. We end up playing songs until the originals sound bad :)
2. Everyone is on fire for God. There are no lukewarm people. Everyone is close to God, and doing His will 100%.
3. Everyone is like one big family. It's like, I'll tell your kid to stop picking his nose and you'll tell mine not to run in the parking lot. Kids get left at church all the time, and hitch a ride with someone else. Once you hit the church building property, it's all good. You know your kids are safe; someone is watching them.
4. NO DRAMA. Gosh, I hate drama. Lots of churches I know get all wrapped up in lots of "he-said-she-said" crap. We don't do that. At all. Ever. There is 0 gossip at our church. If someone has a problem, they go to that person and DEAL WITH IT. We're about to move into a new building, one that we'll have to design. Guess how we're doing it? Together.
5. No deacons. Um...I'm not really sure what those are to be honest, but apparently they're like "elders" of the church that are great, except when they get stuck in their ways and power hungry...or something...
And this was the most contradictory, hypocritical post ever.
The entire point of a church is not to be awesome. It's to show how GOD is awesome. But in this ranting post about how great WE are, I think I've missed the point of having a great church. The point of having a great church is not to pat yourself on the back (not that I was doing that, really), it's to glorify God.
Yes, my church is awesome. Why?
Because God is awesome. It's all because of him.
Remember to keep your focus. It's not about you, it's not about me, it's not really about the whole world.
It's all about God.