Today, I went to class with the rest of my family. At my "school," preschool through 10th grade meets on Tuesdays, and my lonely little class of juniors meets on Wednesday. Normally, I stay home on Tuesdays, but I decided to go hang out around the school today. Sometimes my friends will drop by, and some of the "lowerclassmen" are pretty cool anyway XD
Sure enough, some of my friends showed up, and we even ended up going to Subway where our friend works for lunch. We got back from lunch at about 2 o'clock: math class time. Some kids don't take that math class, including Daniel S, so Amanda and I hung out with him until school was over.
We were bored and unsupervised, so we decided to explore. The school building is massive, and most of it's not even being used. There are lots of stairs and complicated hallways that connect and turn and end and lead to random double doors that lead to MORE hallways and stairs. It can be confusing when you're not used to it, but we mostly know our way around.
We went to the elementary school wing and reminisced for a while, went to the office and dodged the scary administration people, poked around in the vending area. On our way back, we decided to go through what I like to call the "Forbidden Hallway."
I don't know that it's actually forbidden, and I don't say that out loud, but it has a great ring to it, doesn't it? It really looks like a Forbidden Hallway.
For one thing, it's unfinished. The floor is some kind of black stuff that looks like it's been scratched up. For another thing, it's really long. You walk through the double doors and you're met with a long, dark hallway that ends in another set of doors waaaaay off in the distance. On either side of the hall, there are empty doors, offering all sorts of ghouls. It's perfectly quiet, but the echo is unbelievable. It's like you can hear every breath bounce off the walls. It's also frigid.
It's dark, lonely, long, cold, creepy, and full of echos. I pretty much love it. I wonder if they'll ever finish it?
So Amanda and Daniel S and I hung out there for a while, poking in the classrooms (the group of scarecrow children nearly gave us a heart attack), whispering, listening to our footsteps change sounds as they bounced down the hall.
After a while we explored the quiet upper floors we'd never had a chance to as kids.
It was a pretty cool afternoon. I like just chilling with my friends. Not even doing anything. Just being with them is fun.
Things About Blogging...
151. It’s like my online journal.
152. I never feel alone.
153. I love finding people with common interests.
154. You guys cheer me up!
155. Decorating ~CD~ helps get me into the spirit of things.
156. Blogging made me realize how much I love Christmas!
157. I hate word verifications on blog comments.
158. I promise never to put hidden auto-start music on my blog XD
159. Getting followers used to be really important to me.
160. Now I just like being myself and meeting great people :)
20 Random Things About Me:
161. I cannot stand the word “chick” when referring to a girl. It’s degrading. Unless, you're using it in a degrading way on purpose, and then, of course, you picked the right word XD
162. I’m allergic to peanuts.
163. I love to run, but I’m out of shape so it sucks.
164. I hate ravioli.
165. I have a serious fear of food poisoning and tapeworms.
166. The closer to and more comfortable I am with you, the more sarcastic and “mean” I can be. I think this is because if I feel safe with you, I feel like I don’t have to worry about you starting to hate me when I’m a brat…or something twisted like that.
167. My hair is naturally this weird, ugly, half-curly thing.
168. I live next to a lake. I can walk to it :D
169. I love Bojangles.
170. I have very eclectic taste in music.
171. I love As I Lay Dying.
172. I love learning.
173. Hilari Bell is the writer I think I admire the most (for her writing, I don’t know anything about her as a person).
174. I take random pictures of myself when I’m bored. And it makes me feel vain when I think about it.
175. I’m TERRIBLE at buying gifts.
176. I hate the shows Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Suite Life on Deck.
177. I write lots of unsent letters.
178. I dislike wearing sunglasses. They make me feel like a diva.
179. Begging is just not my style.
180. Watching people spit out their toothpaste (or even seeing myself do it) disgusts me beyond belief.