Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quotes and Pictures

How does England teach about the Revolutionary War? I've always been curious. Anyone know?

Quotes By People You May Have Heard Of:

271. "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld
272. "Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it."
- George Orwell
273. “If you have not done things worthy of being written about, at least write things worthy of being read.” –Giacomo Cassanova
274. “Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind.” Shakespeare
275. "The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way."
- Samuel Butler
276. "Anyone who can handle a needle convincingly can make us see a thread which is not there."
- E. H. Gombrich
277. "Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question."
- Albert Camus
278. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
279. “I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short.” - Blaise Pascal
280. “If you think education is expensive, try Ignorance.”
- Andy McIntyre

Quotes By People You Probably Haven't Heard of:
281. “Food is just there to give your sauce a little texture.” – Mr. Leon
282. “Mineral makeup? Isn’t that like putting dirt on your face?” – my daddy
283. “He’s so old he remembers when Dr. Pepper was in medical school.” – also my daddy
284. (in regard to how long an essay has to be) “Follow the skirt rule: long enough to cover the subject but short enough to make it interesting.” – my mom :)
285. If you run when it gets slick, you’ll only fall through the ice. – Me
286. (talking about chemistry and the boiling point of substances) “Boiling water’s like being pregnant. You can’t be sort of pregnant, and water can’t only be sort of boiling.” – my mom again XD
287. “I did what my mom would call ‘spill water everywhere’, but I actually just got a little on the floor.” – Sam
288. (my youth leader’s 8-year-old daughter had just told her she probably wouldn’t win the lottery) “Probably not. In fact, I’m 600% more likely to be struck by lightning.” – my youth leader
289. “My quizzes are like tests. My tests are like exams. My exams are like Hell.” – a teacher at this private school near me
290. Let’s play Oscar the Grouch. You win. – Me XD

Pictures That Fascinate Me:
291.She's story material, is she not?
292. Eyes fascinate me.
293. I have no idea why this is so intriguing to me.
294. Meet Lila from my book "The Mirror."
295. I'm still not 100% sure what this is...
296. It's like another planet...
297. He's kinda cool. Not THAT cool, but I was running out of pictures XD
298. Very cool.
299. This is what your insides look like when you're excited and nervous.
300. Possibly one of my favorite pictures of all time. There is a story in this picture, I'm sure of it.

~Kendra

3 comments:

Sam Probert said...

The lolz thing is that Mr. Storch's exams are easy, his tests are like homework, and his quizzes are like discussions. xD

Achieve1dream said...

Cool pictures.

And the quotes were great.

Elizabeth said...

Great quotes, and beautiful pictures! :) I especially loved the one that looks like another planet, and the inside of the wave :D.