Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kendra's Warm Weather Rant

Notice anything different about the blog?

...

...

-_-

Oh, come on. *I* could notice this.

Yes, I've changed the blog back to its default theme. The warmish weather is inspiring me :D The background is totally new. I like it, and it matches the blog colors so perfectly. I got it from The Cutest Blog on the Block. I'd definitely recommend looking around over there!

Anyway, I see nine of you have voted in the poll over there. You are now my favorite followers. To those of you who didn't vote, I'm offended. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep in a corner, wondering why the world is such a dark place.

Nah, I'll probably go stalk some people on Facebook or maybe I'll write something. I feel like writing something. (Sit down, Kyle, I don't think it will be The Mirror.) I feel like writing about kids in the south in the summer hanging out and doing what we kids in the south do in the summer.

I watched "To Kill A Mocking Bird" last night. Can you tell?

Warm weather always sparks my creativity. I think I've always done my best writing when it's warm outside. Winter just kills me inside. It's cold, and wettish, and pale, and you can't DO anything unless you live where it's cold enough to legit ice skate. Where I live, you have to drive yourself to an ice house and pay to skate around for two hours will trying not to trip over little kids and gag at all the couples giving PDA a whole new definition.

And it's cold. Which I hate.
I like warm weather. All the good stuff happens when it's warm outside: playgrounds, cook-outs, picnics, bare feet, T-shirts, ponytails that don't make your neck cold, tanning, pools, lakes, the Forth of July, fruit, no school, freckles, getting in shape. What is not to like?

*thinks hard about this question*

I got it: bugs.

Bugs are a huge downside to summer, especially if you're like me. It's like the arachnophobic and OCD sides of me come together, making it impossible for me to sleep until I've checked every corner of the room for eight-legged terrors.

You also have bees, wasps, and yellow jackets. Bumble bees do not actually bother me. They're fuzzy and round and adorable and they look cute on the flowers. Wasps on the other hand are hideous and BIG and yellow jackets are like the Mafia of the insect world. They're always up to something and if you mess with one, the entire freaking hive comes to haunt you.

Then you have the mosquito/fly/crane fly category. Do I even have to go into this? Mosquitoes are loud little disease factories with long tongues (note the spelling of that, Cavender). Flies barf on your food. Crane flies were designed specifically to add to my paranoia. (Come on, they are HUGE with long, creepy legs, and they're so...*shudders*...just awful.)

But. Other than bugs, warm weather is completely perfect.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to go write something truly brilliant and charming, full of lovable characters and believable dialogue laced with underlying morals and a surprise ending.

Nah, just kidding. We all know I won't get past the first three pages. But for some reason, I'm going to go write it anyway...

You will never understand me. But neither will I, so it's okay.

Go enjoy your weather.

~Kendra

6 comments:

Livia Blackburne said...

Move to the desert. Then there are no bugs. Well, except for scorpions and the like, but nothign like the mosquitos that haunt more humid regions.

Alex Monseth said...

Really cool new background.

emily said...

I love the new colors! Bright!

Achieve1dream said...

LOL I'm with you on the bugs. I think the crane flies you're talking about are what I grew up calling mosquito hawks. Do they look like enormous mosquitoes but they don't bite humans? If so don't kill them because they eat the kind of mosquitoes that do bite us. :)

Judy Dudich said...

Nice background!

Jake

Tunafish said...

As long as I have bug repellent or whatever I'm good =) Bugs don't like me all that much so I'm fine with that =P but for some reason they like me better in the fall/early winter... kinda weird. But summer is worth it =) I like the cold too... both were created by GOD so I'm happy with both. Hope it gets better. Jesus loves you! =