Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Ol' Saint P and Other Stuff ;)


Dia duit!

That's "hello" in Irish in honor of St. Packtrick's Day! Today is awesome, because green is the best color EVER. But I have a confession to make:

I didn't wear green today :(

I don't have any green shirts at the New House yet! I know, it sucks, doesn't it? Oh well. Guess what? St. Patrick wasn't even FROM Ireland! He was just a missionary to Ireland. He was actually Welsh, I believe. And do you know why the shamrock is the symbol of St. Patrick's Day? Anyone? Anyone? (Haha, go watch "Ferris Beuller's Day Off") Well. St. Patrick used the shamrock as an example of how the trinity works: Father, Son, and Holy Spirt are all seperate, and yet one at the same time.

Personally, I don't like the analysis all that much. After all, the three different "branches" of God can be seperate altogether and still function, whereas who ever heard of a one-leafed shamrock? LOL! Still, you gotta meet people where they are, and I guess a shamrock was a readily availible and effective example for St. Patrick to use. *shrugs*

Class was good today. I wonder if last night was a full moon, 'cause we were pretty crazy today! The crazy days are always the best :)

Creepy is going okay. Not amazing, but it's DEFINITELY been worse (haha, y'all know that). I hit 63,000 words the other day (YES!!), and it's up to 120 pages! Hooray! In the words of London Tipton, "yay, me!" :P

Ohhhh! Awesome news! (Don't get your hopes up; it's not THAT great, lol!) I bought this really cute dress today!! Okay, my parents did, but this is a big deal because I usually only wear dresses about three times a year: Easter, and usually there are at least one wedding or funeral in a year. Yeah. I realy don't wear dresses that much, LOL! But this one is sooooo cute! It's green and pink-purple and teal and all swirly and abstract flowery. Okay, that description just made the dress sound really ugly. But it isn't. Really. It's short and it's got this belt and these little sleeves...okay, I know you're thinking that for a writer, I can't describe stuff worth crap. Lol! Oh well. It's cute, anyway :)

Alrighty. That's my day just about. Thought about green (best color ever), had a great day at class, thought about St. Patrick and his iffy analysis, found out how to say "hello" in Irish (wouldn't that be Gaelic, though? *shrugs*), and bought an adorable dress! :D

Not bad.

Carpe that diem!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

^_^ cool!
I didn't have a bad day myself... I'm still half deaf from the concert, though ^^'

Kendra Logan said...

Lol! I know what you mean. Is your voice all hoarse, too? Haha, after concerts I always sound like this tiny mouse-monster from yelling so much, lol!

Anonymous said...

not really, but I didn't yell that much either ^_^

Kendra Logan said...

Oh, haha, okay! Yeah, I definitely like to make some noice at concerts ;)

Anonymous said...

I sang a bit, but I couldn't hear my own voice. I'm not exagerating lol

Kendra Logan said...

Yeah, I believe it! It's always such a weird feeling when you can't hear yourself...Lol!