I AM SO BORED.
I know. I should be thrilled to know freaking end. This is my first Saturday in SIX WEEKS that I haven't had to get up for driver's ed!!!!!!! But I actually...might sorta kinda a little bit maybe miss it.
I know. I'M A FREAK!! There, I said it for you. But I miss seeing people every Saturday. And frankly, sleeping in is over-rated. DID I JUST SAY THAT??? I did, didn't I?? Well, it kind of shoots the whole day in the foot if you ask me. Getting up at 11 is not ideal after all. Who woulda thought?
Well, in honor of my random hyperness (I did not even have caffeine or chocolate) and supreme boredness, I have compiled a bunch of random quotes that I love! Some of them are humorous, some of them actually hold wisdom.
And I'm not gonna tell you what is what. BWAHAHAHHA!
Okay. I definitely got too much sleep.
(My favorites are in bold and italics, and my little comments are in these parenthesis :D)
1. "I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order. Like they should be." --Mr. IHaveNoIdea
2. "I mentally correct your grammar while you're speaking." --Mrs. IHaveNoIdea
3. "You know you're too close to the characters in your novels when you lose sleep worrying about them." (This TOTALLY doesn't happen to me....heheheh :D) --IDK
4. "Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade's gonna suck." (LOLS!) --I promise we'll get to the quote that I know who said them. (Did that make ANY sense?)
5. "Roses are red. Violets are blue. Some poems rhyme. Others don't." --Guess? Yup. IDK.
6. "You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." - Rabindranath Tagore
7. Never tell anyone that you're writing a book, going on a diet, exercising, taking a course, or quitting smoking. They'll encourage you to death. - Lynn Johnston
8. We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
9. There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes. - Doctor Who
10. Writing well mean never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.' - Jef Mallett
11. “If you have not done things worthy of being written about, at least write things worthy of being read.” –Giacomo Cassanova
12. “There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.” - W. Somerset Maugham
13. “My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened,” –Michel de Montaigne (I love that one!)
14 . “The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact, a return to the idolized past.” –Robertson Davies
15. “Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.” –Evelyn Waugh
16. "Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."- Anon
17. "A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad."
18. "A friend knows the song in your heart and sings it to you when your memory fails."
19. "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. "
~ C.S. Lewis
20. "The past is not a package one can lay away." ~Emily Dickinson
21. "You [men] are not our protectors.... If you were, who would there be to protect us from?" ~Mary Edwards Walker (Weird, but kinda profound.)
22. "If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." --Isaac Asimov
24. "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." --Winston Churchill
25. "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." --Mark Twain (I love this one :D)
26. "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." --Antoine de Saint-Exupery
27. "Love makes mutes of those who habitually speak most fluently." --Madeleine de Scudery
28. "Love does not alter the beloved, it alters itself." --Søren Kierkegaard
Ta ta da da da! :D Yes. I was THAT bored :D