Monday, June 29, 2009

That is One Long Word

Today was Day 1 of VBS (vacation Bible school)! I'm a crew leader this year, which is fun and awesome and a little nerve-wracking (not too bad) at times. I'm kind of a co-crew leader with another girl my age named Stacey. In our crew we have six little boys and then two sixth grade girls. They're a pretty interesting bunch :)

After VBS, which is 9am-noon, we (my family) ate a quick lunch and then went to the old house to clear out some more junk -_- Our realtor came over and gave us some pointers about what to do to make the house more appealing, too. Sounds like we'll be painting and getting new carpet. Luckily, it also sounds like we'll be getting a professional to do it, so we don't have to, lol! I know, that's probably pretty selfish and lazy for me not to want to do that.

Being at the old house was kind of hard for me. I've been missing it A LOT lately, so to go see it and miss it in "person" was difficult. We had the best yard in the whole world, I loved my view (best in the house), I loved the upstairs, etc. I almost cried like three times. Never when anyone was around, though. If my family knew how much I wished we'd never moved, they'd be upset.

Yes, I do actually wish we'd never moved.

*spoiled bratty complaint alert*

I didn't realize it, but I had everything I wanted at the old house. Yes, it was too small to do much, but it had so much character! So much happened in that house. The old house feels like an old friend that I'm deserting, and this new house feels like a stuck-up, colorless place. Our new house has no character. It's brand-new, so nothing has happened to it yet. That might be a neat thing if I were staying longer. It might be fun to watch my house go through all its first adventures, but I'm only gonna be here for three years anyway, and then I'm off to college.

You can't know how awesome my old house was. I can't even explain it. I'm not even gonna try. I can't even fathom why no one will buy it. It's the best lil' house ever. I miss it t :(

We had pizza for dinner, which was pretty good, but now I feel a little unsettled, so we'll see, lols :) Lately I've been worrying about everything all the time. GOSH, I thought I was past all this!! *sigh*

Today is Word Day.

.

..

...

.....

.......

.........

...........

.............

...............

.............

...........

.........

.......

.....

...

..

.

I guess you expect me to post a word, don't you? Okay :D I'm going to try to pick on that WON'T lead to a Carpe Noctem style rant. Um, what about...

Okay how's this. I'll do two words since I won't go into a rant:

The most commonly used English word: the

The longest English word is 189,819 letters long and it's:





...





Would you believe me if I told you that it was too long for Blogger to post without freezing up? Because it is. It's so long you can't believe it unless you see it, so I'm determined you're going to see it. Let me just post this, and I'll try a seperate post for that word.

Peace out.

P.S. Oh, yeah, and CARPE DIEM!

No comments: