Friday, July 10, 2009

CHALLENGE! And Vacation-ness

Hola! This is Kendra Logan live from a motel on vacation!

The drive was like five hours yesterday, so that wasn't too fun, but I've had a pretty good time so far. My grandpa is awesome. We got here at around eight last night and went to eat at Elizabeth's Pizza.

Okay, I have some things to say about THAT :) You know those books that I've been talking about lately ("The Mortal Instruments" trilogy)? Well, the Elizabeth's looked just like this little diner from the books, and the hostess looked EXACTLY!!!! like the main character! We found out her name, but it wasn't Clarissa/Clary, it was Ashley.

Also, when I was craning my neck for a look at the hostess, a busboy saw me and was like, "Oh, are you looking for your server?" It was really sweet. *blink* Nevermind. He was just sweet. And kind of cute :)

After dinner, we came home and watched some TV. The hilarious movie "Get Smart" was on, so we watched that until a little after 11:30pm. Then I turned it off and went to sleep. I woke up and was wide awake at 2:30am, though, so that was annoying. I went back to sleep at 3:03am. (I remember these things, lol.)

I didn't eat breakfast this morning...no, yeah, I did. I ate a piece of my mom's zucchini bread that we brought. It's really good. We hung around the room until 11:30 and then we went out to eat with my grandpa 'cause it's his birthday. We went to the K&W Cafeteria and one of the waitress ladies told him "happy birthday" in Chinese. It was cool.

Then, we went to Great Outdoor Provision because my dad is interesting in buying a kyak that you can paddle with your feet. (They're cool.) Then we bought him a belt at Stein Mart because he forgot his at home.

Then we came back to the motel and did the pool until like 4:30pm. Then I came in and got on the computer and checked email, facebook, and read all the blog posts people have written since Wednesday. Then, we went to eat dinner. It was at a really good seafood place, but I wasn't hungry so I just got a baked potatoe, which was really good! Then, we went to Baskin Robbins and got ice cream. I got lemon sorbet and it was REALLY GOOD.

Then, my pocketbook strap broke on me -_-

We decided to go to the mall. So we poked around for a little while, and got some stuff at Bath & Body Works. Then, my mom went with Lizzy to look in Claire's, while Daddy offered to take me to Belk to see if we could find me a new pocketbook. (He can be so sweet and thoughtful sometimes.) Pawpaw (my grandpa, obviously, lol) opted to go with us.

On the way to Belk, I saw this little store called Ping's Tibet. The clothes in the window were really...weird. One looked like a wedding dress with weird ruffles and a fur cape. A shirt looked like a Japanese kimono. I turned to Daddy and was like, "Can we go in there just really quick? If we don't have time that's okay, I don't really think I'm gonna buy anything." Daddy said it was okay, though, so we went into the store.

It was so cool! All the stuff was handmade and Ping (the owner of the store) goes to Tibet and brings back all the stuff. The Tibetians have this thing with yaks the store guy (Matt; leave it to my dad to befriend the salesguy ;)) said. He showed us pictures of Tibet and Tibetians and a yak that Ping brought back (the pictures, not the yak, lol). I ended up buying this cool silver ring with a little black jewel.

Just in case you didn't know, rings are my thing. Now you know what to get me for my birthday! :D Just kidding.

We DID actually end up going to Belk to look for a pocketbook. I ended up getting one!!! It's awesome, and I'm pretty sure it's, like, a really in-style brand. Can you believe it? I bought something FASHIONABLE! I'm so bad at that. Anyway, I don't remember the brand and I'm too lazy to get up and look (lol), but it's got like a giraffe print and the strap and trim are pink and it's leather. It's big, but it doesn't LOOK big. I can EASILY fit all my junk in it, and I have TONS of room left over!! There's a pocke down the middle that I can perfectly fit, get this, A BOOK! How great is that?

So, this brings us to where I am now, watching Phineas and Ferb and typing this. So far, vacation is pretty good. Thanks for reading this ridiculously long and rambling post.

Oh, wait, a Challenge! AND, I have a proposition:

No one does my challenges, so maybe let's try some incentive. Every time you complete a challenge, you get an award to put on your blog. Get five awards and I'll...advertise your blog on my blog super convincingly for a week.

*sigh* I'm not good at this. Just do the challenge and tell me about it.

CHALLENGE: Memorize the lyrics to a kid's show theme song. Arthur, Phineas and Ferb, Dora Explorer, you get the idea.

So, carpe diem! DO THE CHALLENGE.

~Kendra

P.S. I'm typing on Daddy's laptop and he doesn't have my signature code saved on here, so you have to put up with that boring thing.

4 comments:

Sam Probert said...

You spelled "Kayak" wrong. You will learn I notice these thngs A LOT.

Kendra Logan said...

Lols, whoops. Well, thanks for correcting me. I notice that stuff a lot, too.

Shep said...

I learned some German this weekend:

Gotzello in deyr doosha. Dahnka, biteh.

Kendra Logan said...

That's AWESOME! But it still doesn't count :P

*tries to translate...* Well, I got "danka", but that's it, lol :)