Saturday, July 11, 2009

That's Just the Way I Write

I can't post for very long; my mom said as soon as she comes back from visiting my grandpa in the lobby, I have to get off. Grrr.

It's been a fun day mostly. The parents went to a one day practicum, so Lizzy and I had the motel room to ourselves all day. We went to breakfast with Pawpaw and then went by Wal-Mart to get something for him. When we got back, the maid still hadn't come to clean up our room and stuff, and we didn't want to be in her way, so we just put on bathing suits and went out to sit by the pool (well, Lizzy swam. I...can't right now).

That was at 10:45. The maid didn't come until 1:00. Yeah, we were sitting by the pool waiting and ROASTING for over two hours. Lol, it was okay, though. Really, really, hot, but hopefully I got tanner or something...HAHAHA, I WISH. Lol :)

I wrote a scene of "Creepy" (I mean, "The Mirror". I still mess that up sometimes), but I have no idea what it is or where it goes. Yeah, I know, that's weird, but I do that sometimes. Er, I mean, it just happens. I'll get an idea that has nothing to do with what's going on in the book, and I just have to write it.

The scene I wrote is of Darren and Paige and they're in a beautiful field near a cottage. They're staying at the cottage with...some person that's taking care of them. I didn't think about that yet. Paige thinks the view is gorgeous, and Darren whole-heartedly agrees. Then, he starts up a deep converstation about where they want to spend their future, Sorayoni, or Earth.

I haven't finished writing it yet, so I don't know how it turns out. I usually don't know that kind of stuff until the character says it. It's kind of an inefficient way of writing, I guess, but it feels more real to me when the characters do the talking and I just write it down.

That's pretty much all that's happened today except me FREEZING in the motel room. My mom and Lizzy like it FREEZING, so that's how it is. If I suddenly stop typing, it's because my fingers have frozen and fallen off.

Well, today is Carpe Noctem day, and if I were home, I'd be typing out a post on Evolution right now. Unfortunately, I left my notes at home. (Yes, I outline my "Carpe Noctem: Evolution" posts. Yes, I am that nerdy.)

So, without further ado, I will just say CARPE DIEM and let you go do that. TTYL!

~Kendra

P.S. Ooh, also, I'm trying to think of what Darren should want to be when he grows up. So, any people reading this of the male persuasion, give me your ideas. You don't have to know Darren to think of them, just say all the stuff you've ever wanted to be so I can take it into consideration. Also, you have until midnight tonight to memorize the theme song to a kid's TV show. Get busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but I think Darren wants to be a male nurse, jk. I was actually thinking maybe an accountant.

Kendra Logan said...

Lols :) Ooh, accountant could work...