Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crazy-Full Moon!

Wow! Can you believe it? FOURTEEN FOLLOWERS! I seriously never would have ever, ever, EVER thought that people would actually TRY to hear my ranting one day...hehe :)

Well, today was amazing! My class was WILD. And it was so much fun! You know how people say that a full moon will make people "crazy?" Well, I honestly think it's true. We actually get crazy in time with the moon. I have journal entries (and possibly posts) to prove it. Weird, huh? I wonder why. Because I know it isn't coincidence, and I'm far from superstitious or anything. But how in the world could something as random as the moon make people's moods change at the same time? It's so weird.

Well, I did a little research :D

One person said that they don't sleep as well when it's a full moon. Huh. I slept just fine last night and the night before. For the most part though, I couldn't find anything! The closest thing I found to "helpful" was this:

"A new twist was recently given to lunar-effect theorizing by the discovery that positive and negative ions in the atmosphere have an effect on behavior (negative ions usually favorable, positives the opposite). It turns out that positive ions are more abundant when the moon is full. However, the effect is slight compared to major sources of positive ions like air conditioning and air pollution." (Link: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/552/do-things-get-crazy-when-the-moon-is-full)

Hmm. Sounds interesting, but not as helpful as I'd hoped. :( Sorry to get your hopes up if you'd been excited about learning about this phenomenon, lol! I'm definitely going to keep looking. I'm not one to give up on this kind of thing, so be on the look-out for more news on lunacy.

And, hey, if you have some interesting knowledge on this subject, feel free to share!! :)

7 comments:

Kyle Hendricks said...

That's interesting. I didn't sleep well at all last night, but I know why, and I doubt it's the moon...

Kendra Logan said...

Oh, hmm. Well, it seriously made my class crazy and hyper, so I think there's something going on...how come you couldn't sleep? (If it's personal or something don't feel like you have to say lol!)

Anonymous said...

weird... I knew the moon phases are said to cause all kinds of stuff, but I never heard of mood changing. might be true, though

Kendra Logan said...

Sure seems like it...lol!

Anonymous said...

i turn into a hampster when i am exposed to the light of a full moon...

Kendra Logan said...

Oh, good. I thought I was the only one. :)

Anonymous said...

X)