Today is the last day of my life that I will be fourteen years old. Freaky, huh? Birthdays are always uncomfortable for me. I feel like I MUST ENJOY THEM!! And it's a lot of pressure for some reason, lol! I feel like I have to be happy about everything, and it's a big milestone that I have to be careful not to screw up. So, pretty much, my actual birthday is something I almost...well...dread. Not because I'm like, "AHH! I'm old! I'm old!" Lol, I'm not. I just hate the pressure I put on myself to make my special day PERFECT.
And the getting older thing does actually bother me a little. Not because I'm afraid of getting wrinkles, just because it's so final or something. I get older, and there's nothing I can do about it. That scares me. Even if I LOVE my age, it can't stay with me. I get older and leave things behind that I enjoy. I'm going to be fifteen. That means, in five years, I'll be TWENTY YEARS OLD. Does that not freak anyone else out?? I LIKE being fourteen! Why do I have to leave it? *SIGH* I'm such a weird and confusing person.
Anyway, I thought it would be nice to do a little reminicing (or however you spell it). I'm making a list of all the things that happened in my fourteenth year that I want to remember.
1. My class won the championship in Mock Trial competition!!!
2. I had my first summer job.
3. I drove a car for the first time.
4. I started a story that I think I might finish.
5. I'm fluent in Latin (whoopee. I can speak a dead language *rolls eyes* Lol!).
6. Gave my hair to Locks of Love (ten inches, baby! WOOT WOOT! :) )
7. I started writing poetry.
8. I got a cell phone!!
9. I kept a journal for a whole year.
10. I had a boyfriend for two hours (long story :) ).
11. I beat my own record at reading (Read "Brisingr" in two days :D).
12. I saw "Twilight" in the theaters.
13. I got super close to my class.
14. I went down the Howlin' Tornado ride at Great Wolf Lodge.
15. I presented my first speech from memory and did just fine.
16. I wrote 20,000 words in a month.
17. My family is building a house!
Well, that's not all, of course, but it's all the big things. There are little things I treasure, but those are only for me :)
As an unknown author once said, "Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal."