Monday, May 4, 2009

Fire!

Word Day again! I'm gonna combine word day and a regular post, okay?

When I was unpacking some more junk today, I found a Christmas present I'd lost and forgotten: Daily Spanish for Dummies: Pocket Edition. How cool is that?? I'm learning Spanish now! Only the problem is, the tiny pocket version doesn't have a whole lot besides some basic stuff and how to pronounce things. But, it's spurred me on to try to learn Spanish over the summer. I know I won't be fluent in just a few months, but I want to learn what I can. My mom says she thinks she might have the Spanish text book I'll need in Challenge III (eleventh grade/junior year), and she'll get it out for me! Yay!

The down side is that now I can't stop pronouncing things like Spanish. -_- *shakes head hard* Must stop! Lol! Still, I love languages. Especially Spanish.

Which brings me to the word of the day. And, as you probably guessed, it's Spanish :D

Fuego!

It means "fire". I know, very beginner, and I knew it even before I started this "Spanish course", but I love the way it sounds, and, what can I say, I'm a pyro ;)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm learning Spanish at school, I like the language. I'll probably continue taking it next year and when I start high school.

Fuego!! FIYYYAAA!

Kendra Logan said...

Awesome! I might take it next year, but probably in eleventh :( Oh well.

Hehe, I'm such a pyro :)