Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sweet 16 Days Until...

So, first, of course: yay, Rachel B! Thanks for being a follower! And thank you also for correct apostrophe usage (her blog is called "Books' Hidden Corner")! I hate it when people mess that up ;)

I also lost a follower. *sigh* Let's all have a moment of silence in remembrance of the time I ALMOST had 77 followers (haha, Pirates of the Caribbean). *moment of silence*

So, anyway :) Guess what I'm about to do?? Mrs. Martha (Matt and Katie's mom, my second mom) is coming to pick me and Lizzy up any second now and we're going to Matt's band concert thing. He plays the saxophone. Cavender should also be there, I think. So this should be fun :D

EDIT: It was. Matt did well, Cavender did awesome!! I never heard you play before, Cavender. Great job!

After the concert we went to McDonald's and then on the way home Matt fell asleep. *Aww* *clears throat* Sorry. I just love him and Katie like their my real little brother and sister. Something about seeing them or Lizzy sleeping just makes my heart all warm and fuzzy :) <3

1. "Isn't it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for...I don't know what exactly, but it's something that you don't mind so much not having at other times." - Kate L. Bosher.

2. "There's nothing as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas." - Kin Hubbard

3. "There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries." - W.J. Cameron

4."Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind." ~Mary Ellen Chase

5. "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." - Roy L. Smith

6. "Oh for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money." - Author Unknown

7. "The only blind person at Christmastime is he who has not Christmas in his heart." - Helen Keller

8. "Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don't quite know how to put our love into words." - Harlan Miller

9. "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph." - Shirley Temple

10. "What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic." - Unknown 11. "Let's be naughty and save Santa the trip." - Gary Allen

12. "There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions." - Bill McKibben

13. "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." - Hamilton Wright Mabi

14. "I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white man would be coming into my neighborhood after dark." - Dick Gregory

15. "Some businessmen are saying this could be the greatest Christmas ever. I always thought that the first one was." - Art Fettig

16. "What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." - Agnes M. Pharo

:)

Aw, this whole evening with Matt and Katie and Lizzy has me all sentimental :')

MERRY SIXTEEN-DAYS-UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Sam Probert said...

Thanks, Kendra! Sorreh I kind disappeared afterward...

Einar said...

The #9 quote by Shirley Temple was HILARIOUS!

Natalie said...

i LOVE the shirley temple quote :)