How do you like the new background? :) Thanks, ***Emily***! Should I leave the snowmen, or switch to the one without them?
Now, with only twenty-one days until Christmas, how about some of my personal pet peeves about the "holiday" (grr) season?
1. When people complain that "Xmas" is taking Christ out of Christmas. It's merely an abbreviation, people, and it's actually very religious. It comes from the Greek letter chi (kye), which is the symbol for Christ.
2. When people cloud the joy of Christmas with the fact that Jesus dies. Yes, he dies, but we have EASTER to mourn that! Let's be happy about our savior at Christmas!
3. Candy canes
4. Complaining kids who didn't get all the stuff they wanted.
5. When little kids ask you if you believe in Santa. (Really, how do you answer that??)
6. Nativity dolls with weird faces
7. Colored, blinking lights on Christmas trees
8. Feeling sick after being warned not to eat too much
9. Neighbor's Christmas lights that are so bright that there's pseudo-daylight in you room at night
11. Spray-on snow
12. Teenagers who are "too cool" for Christmas
13. That dropped-off-a-cliff feeling the day after Christmas
14. Getting that present you'd been hoping you wouldn't get
15. People who make snide remarks about your favorite old Christmas movies
16. Maurice Chevalier
17. Staying long periods of time at adult Christmas parties
18. The fact that there are no commercials for toys for outside anymore, only electronics
19. People who say "Happy Holidays!" just to be politically correct
20. Idiots on the highway when commuting to spend time with relatives
21. People who celebrate Christmas but shun the whole reason for the season
Haha, hoped you liked hearing all that complaining ;)
MERRY TWENTY-ONE-DAYS-UNTIL CHRISTMAS!