Sunday, January 25, 2009

I don't know why, but I'm happy...

Omg. Wow. It has been a long time. Sorry!! This week has been crazy and stuff, so I haven't had time to post.

Well, I don't feel boring anymore!! Isn't that AWESOME??? Lol! Maybe I still am, but at least I don't FEEL like I am. :) This weekend, we had some friends stay at our house. (Matt, age 12 and Katie, age 10). As some of you probably know, I have always lamented my tiny family (just parents, me and my 12 year old sister), and absolutely LOVE it whenever people stay at our house. Well, Matt and Katie are practically family anyway, but it was amazing having them at our house. They are so much fun, and I could tell that my dad really liked having a fellow guy in the house for a while. :) We did all kinds of stuff together, and it's so sad that they're gone now, but I will treasure those two days forever. I know that sounds melodramatic, but it's true.

I haven't really tried to write in a while, but I get the feeling that if I tried, my writer's block is gone. Yay!! After this post and after I check my billion various emails :), I'll probably attempt to write a little.

School is awful. Surprisingly, I'm not super upset about that, although I have been pretty stressed lately. I have the tendancy to procrastinate, and this week is an excellent example. :( I have so much to do tomorrow it isn't even funny. I have to finish a horribly boring, long book that I'm not halfway finished with; write two papers on it, summarize the constitution, the amendments, and something else; do FOUR MATH LESSONS, (AHHHHHHHHHHH!!), memorize the rest of my seven minute speech (I have half of it memorized...I think...), and read an entire physical science module.

Wow.

When I just wrote all that down, it looks even worse than I thought it was... :'( Yikes. Well, wish me luck, and if I haven't died, I'll post again tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Kyle Hendricks said...

You memorize your speeches?
When you memorize a speech and then forget a part, it messes everything up. Try 2 X 4 note cards, with the key points of your speech on it.
I'd also reccomend getting 'You can learn to speak' by Royal L. Garf.

And I have a really bad habit of procrastinating. . .
=D

Kendra Logan said...

Yeah, I totally would use notecards, because that's how I've always done it in foundations (kindergarten through 6th grade), but when we get to Challenge I (freshman year), we have to do it from memory. It's not exactly a speech; it's called an "I.E." which stands for Indiviual Event. We have to memorize a 3-5 minute thing and present it to the class. I'm doing selected pieces from one of my favorite books (That Was Then, This is Now by S. E. Hinton).

Lol, yeah, my best friend just talked to me on the phone and helped me figure out how to efficiently cram today and tomorrow. Lol, I'm not as stressed as I was, but I'm still freaked a little. Last night I was so stressed I couldn't sleep. :( Haha, I need to work on this whole thing... :)

Anonymous said...

it's great you feel ok about writing again ^_^
about the rest... good luck with today's work
I never had to write a speech ^_^ (I consider myself lucky about that, it sounds hard to memorize. yeah, I'm really lazy about school stuff)
I wish I could be helpfull, instead maybe I'm just making you feel more stressed... sorry about that =|