Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fact or Fiction and the Timeline from Satan

Fact or Fiction:

The Kentucky Fried Chicken chain changed their name to KFC to eliminate the word "fried" from its title.

As usual, comment or email me your answer, and NO GOOGLING :)
-------------------------
Well, today was just lovely.

NOT.

School was going moderately fine until about 2:45 when I started to work on my hateful timeline for Art History. To keep it short, I'll just explain it as the most horrendously tedious, mind-numbingly frustrating, stress-inducing school activity ever conceived by man (or in this case, woman :P).

AND it has to be done on the computer, which triples the liklihood of getting a monsterous headache (I did).

I had three pages worth of dates to enter into this timeline. I have to copy and paste the timeline onto a word document, change all the dates on the line to suit what I need it to, copy and past the little labels and stick them to the right date.

To give you an idea of how long it takes to do this, I'll tell you that it took me 53 minutes to enter in half a page's worth of dates.

I saved the document and decided I'd finish later.

That wasn't good enough for my mother, however, she said I had to finish the other two and a half pages NOW, and she wanted to see what I had done so far (I don't think she believed me that I had worked on it at all :( ).

Grumbling to myself, I pulled up the hateful timeline.

Er, tried to.

The thing is, it wasn't there.

None of it. At all. Nothing. Nowhere.

My timeline had somehow gotten deleted, or at any rate, not saved even though I specifically clicked SAVE a million times!

SO, I had to start ALL OVER and do the WHOLE THING which took me a grand total of THREE HOURS of insanely tedious, mind-numblingly frustrating, stressful WORK.

I almost cried. But I didn't.

So, that was my day.

How was yours? >:E

No play practice tonight :'( I'm sad about that. I really, really, REALLY like it. I thought at first it was going to just stress me out, but it actually is KEEPING me from being stressed. It's a great way to relax and have fun after a horrible day. So, I really wish I had it tonight :(

As for writing...*sigh* I really need to get with it, I know. I don't know what's wrong with me, but then again I never do.

So, blah. Vote on the poll. Answer the Fact or Fiction question. Participate in Followers Say. Ask me a question for Question Day. Get someone to become my 50th follower.

*sigh*

I'm sorry. Today has just turned out to be a heck of a let down. Thanks for cheering me up, though, Cavender :)


P.S. Check out my new bookshelf! It's on the sidebar thing right after the blog archive.

10 comments:

Sam Probert said...

Any time. :)

Sam Probert said...

Oh, and I'm thinking false.

Front Porch Grace said...

Ehh. Since Cavander James said False,
I'll say True.
What have I got to loose? XD

Sam Probert said...

Hey! :P

Front Porch Grace said...

No offense of course. xP

Crescentise said...

True! True! It's true! I read a book about hoaxes and it had that in it!

There was a rumour that it changed it to KFC because it didn't sell proper chicken, but they assured everyone it was because of "fried".

Kendra Logan said...

Wow, lots of comments! Yay!

Cavender: :D

I'll announce the answer today...

Gracie: Lol, alright...

Cavender: Okay...

Gracie: Hello...

Crescentise: Cool-sounding book! The answer will be revealed today...

ciaraaaa:) said...

you have been tagged!:)xoxo

justagirl4god said...

Well, to the KFC thing, I think it's actually false... I think "Kentucky" was the problem, not the "Fried".
Oh, and I'm so sorry about the timeline... that sucks. >:(
Question: What is another word that means the same/similar as "blossoming"?
On The Poll - I voted "Beauty and the Beast", "Toy Story" and "Cinderella".
:) PS. I <3 your blog...

Bethany said...

Ooh that homework does sound nasty.... :(
I tagged you....hmm wonder if it's the same one from ciaraaa