Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chinese Culture

Fact or Fiction?

"The Chinese are considering renouncing the one-child law."

Comment. Email. No Google. First one correct gets an award (no longer all who get it correct, sorry :-\).

Oh, yeah, and here's the award from last week that I forgot about XD Cavender and Justagirl4god got it right! (Will a tooth left in Coca-Cola over night disolve? The answer is NO! That's a myth!)

Award:
---------------------------
"Let's get down to business
To defeat the Huns
Did they send me daughters
When I asked for sons?
You're the saddest bunch
I ever met
But you can bet
Before we're through
Mister, I'll make a manout of you
***
(Be a man)
We must be swift asthe coursing river
(Be a man)
With all the forceof a great typhoon
(Be a man)
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as thedark side of the moon!"

I am listening to the Mulan soundtrack for the third time today. I have no idea how, but I'm still not sick of the songs yet...

Favorites:
1. Written in Stone
2. I'll Make a Man Out of You
3. A Girl Worth Fighting For

The way the guys do A Girl Worth Fighting For is hilarious! They do a great job, even with the harmony and stuff. I have no real idea who's reading this, since no one uses their real name, but if any of the guys from the play is reading this, GOOD JOB! XD

School is going okay. I've barely started "Pilgram's Progress", and I need to finish by tomorrow so I can start on the writing assignment: write an allegory. Sounds pretty fun to me. I'm going to try to make mine more subtle than John Bunyan's. *rolls eyes* I mean, really. A guy named Help? Hmm, wonder what he symbolizes...sheesh :P

I've become a little obsessed with Chinese culture. (Gee, wonder why? It can't be the fact that I'm totally EMERSED in it 24/7 because of Mulan, can it? XD) It's so fascinating. Very unfair, but fascinating. I love different cultures, they get my imagination going, and I just love learning about them. Chinese culture is such a good culture to write stories in. It's really sad that you're only allowed to have one child, but it does create an interesting premise for stories.

*frowns at self* Maybe I'm just horrible and unfeeling. Oh dear...

I had lots of crazy dreams last night, but I can't remember them clearly at all. Something about kidnapping and a driveway...lol, no idea!

Dance tonight! And no play practice, so I don't have to miss it.

Lizzy will be THIRTEEN YEARS OLD in TWO DAYS!! :O :O It's freaky enough that Matt ("little brother") just turned thirteen, but Lizzy? That's freakier even still.

He turned eighteen (18) today. :- Wow.

Writing on "Mirror" = zip
Writing on random otherness = some

That's all :D Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Front Porch Grace said...

False I'm sure.
lol

Kendra Logan said...

We shall see ;)

Kyle Hendricks said...

The Mirror = Zip.

-_-

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing false as well... I won't get anything if I get it right, though >=(
x)

the chinese culture is very interesting... there are some cantonese people in my family, and I've had a little contact with their culture. some of my family already went to china. I didn't, but I'll probably go sometime
but the culture I'm attracted to to a freaky point is the japanese... I don't know why, but it just seems so interesting to me

congratulations to the three of them! I know lizzy's birthday is only tomorrow, but I'm very forgetful, so... ^^"