Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First School Days and Chicken Glaze

Picture Day:


So, there's this puzzle that's all put together--finally. Every piece is in perfect place, each one fits into the next just as it shoud, there aren't any wrinkles or gaps, and everything is just right. Except suddenly there's a giant piece missing...

Hi! Well, lots of news!

Soccer went...well, pretty fine! The coach is very nice, and he doesn't make us run at all, which is good for me in the short run, but not the long run. He's also not a particularly good coach, but I've had WAAAAY worse, so it's all good.

I bought some ADORABLE new tennis shoes yesterday, and I'm planning to run every day. Since I won't be running at soccer practice, I guess I'll have to get into shape somehow else.

SCHOOL UPDATE: Well, it was okay. Definitely overwheming and there's a lot to do each week. I'm not really excited about the main subjects, and logic isn't the kind I like at all. My teacher does a great job, she's just not my favorite teacher for some reason. I really liked having my dad last year; having a guy teacher was awesome, and the boys acted differently (better), too.

So, pretty much, it was a disappointment :'( Still, I thought Challenge I was going to totally suck and it was AMAZING, so, you never know!

We called Ellie at lunch and put her on speaker-phone, so she got to "eat lunch with us" even though she wasn't there. That was awesome.

Several times, I glanced around at Taylor to ask him something with my eyes, but he wasn't there. No further comment on this issue.

In a minute, I'm going to go outside and kick the soccer ball around with my dad before taking a quick shower.

Okay, I gotta tell this story from dinner.

So, we were having a really fun dinner, laughing and joking, and then Daddy started reading the Bible (we're in Revelation, which is my favorite book, and Lizzy *hates* it). Well, all the sudden, I look down at my arm and it's all nasty and greasy. I'm like,

"What the heck? What *is* this??" I'm kind of laughing and freaking out at the same time.

Then my mom is like, "It's in your hair!" And there's all this grease in my hair. Then we all look at the little cup of nasty chicken-juice sitting by my plate, and we're like, *groan*. So, I use like a million napkins, and we're all sort of chuckling. Then, I'm just like,

"Okay, I am just taking a shower after a while."

Mom: "Why don't you just go over to the sink and rinse that piece of hair really quick?"

So, I go over and start sink-washing. And my dad just cracks up. I'm like,

"What is so funny??"

He's just howling and he's like, "It really is funny!"

Me: "It is NOT--okay...yeah, it really is."

More really hard laughing.

Okay, maybe you had to be there.

At any rate, I think my life could totally be turned into a sitcom.

That's all for now! TTYL!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I just wanted to let you know I sure do enjoy reading your blog! :)

Kendra Logan said...

Aw, thank you so much! That's so sweet, and it means a lot to me. You are an awesome follower!