Memory Day! :D A peek into my past...
When I was around two years old, I attended play practice for the Christmas play at my church. I was too little to have a part, but I went along anyway, I guess. During a break in practicing, the adults went aside to talk about some details and make some decisions. Meanwhile, I convinced the older children and teenagers to march around the sanctuary being camels. When the adults looked up from their planning, there was a train of teenagers stomping around the sanctuary pretending to be camels—with me at the front of the procession.
Haha, I don't know if that should really count as a memory--I don't remember it all that well. Mostly I've just heard the story told.
First: Thank you, Rochelle Blue for the question! Yay!! So, the rest of you guys are off the hook--for now -.-
Classical Conversations (my weekly "school") was today. It went much better than last week. My class is slowly getting back to its old self. In biology, we looked at a piece of thread and some cheek cells under a microscope. That was pretty interesting, fun, and funny :) I had the best cheek cells :D Lots of epitheleal (spelling??) cells to sketch.
Cassidy and her family stayed for dinner (Domino's pizza), and we went to the revival service at another church where our church band played again.
We have the best church ever :P We play real music, clap, sing, and praise God! Some of the people were kind of shocked that we actually had DRUMS and ELECTRICE GUITARS, but after a few minutes, they seemed to like it. Of course, by the end of the songs, the 23 people who showed up from our church were basically the only people still standing :)
I liked the pastor's sermon a lot. He talked about how funny it is that we make plans, clear our schedules, pack up, load up the car, rent a beach house, take our stuff down to the beach, put on sunblock, set up the chairs, and then try our very best not to get wet or sandy.
He said that that's kind of how some of us Christians are about God. We're really excited, but then we get to the "beach" of ministry where it can get a little uncomfortable, and we're ready to step back out of the water. It was really thought-provoking, and the pastor was really funny.
Well, I'm supposed to get off the computer at 10:15 since school started, and it's 10:20 right now, so I better go. Thanks for reading, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't hesitate to ask questions for Question Day :)
Thanks for reading, y'all!
OHH! I almost forgot! (Shame on you, Kendra.) I've been tagged by the lovely Bethany, a fellow LotR fan.
Rules: Tell 30 things about yourself! It's as easy as that.
1. I have never ridden in an air plane.
2. I can sometimes make my eyes change between blue and green, and once I made one blue and one green at the same time. I don't know if that's even really possible, though. Maybe it was just the light.
3. I used to have hair almost down to my waist.
4. I can speak Elvish a TINY bit.
5. I wear my mood ring on my left ring finger all the time, and when I get married, all my friends joke that we'll have to have a Ceremonial Removing of the Mood Ring :P
6. My favorite candy is M&Ms and Hershey Kisses.
7. I hate jelly beans and skittles.
8. So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
9. I'm obsessed with names.
10. I love eerie sounding music.
11. Indian (like, the Asian kind, not the Native American kind, lol)/Arabic culture is my favorite.
12. I take a long time to make decisions of the heart.
13. I like pizza hot, warm, and cold, and I will eat it three meals a day for days on end if posisble. I never get tired of it. Really. Never.
14. I'm terrified of crane flies.
15. Only about six people call me by my really-obvious nickname.
16. I love food, but I don't like to eat. (I cannot explain this at all.)
17. I'm addicted to the computer.
18. I used to start tons of clubs when I was younger.
19. I used to want to be the first woman president.
20. Getting new followers makes my day. (Really, it does. I have no idea why. I guess it's just good to know that people care about what I have to say.)
21. I go to the best church ever XD
22. My biggest, deepest desire is to have an older brother.
23. My favorite books ever are the "Farsala Trilogy" by Hilari Bell.
24. I *love* the classic Disney movies (especially Aladin).
25. I love the Disney show Phineas and Ferb.
26. So do my parents. We actually got my dad a Phineas and Ferb beach towel for his birthday.
27. I'm singing the Cheetah Girls' "It's Over" for my audition. IF, that is, I can find the sheet music...*moan*
28. Kendra means "fire-sprung", but Kenda means "from the clear, cool water"
29. Smells remind me of things.
30. I have a weakness for older brother characters.
The end :)